Data4Decisions Conference and Expo is an annual event held in Raleigh, NC, that goes beyond the technical aspects of Big Data. Designed to equip C-Level decision makers with critical tools and knowledge to use data and analytics effectively, the event provides the tools, resources and expertise needed to optimize data usage to make the most strategic, data-informed decisions possible.
Data4Decisions (D4D) is produced in partnership with the Greater Raleigh Convention and Visitors Bureau (GRCVB) and the Raleigh Convention Center, intending to showcase Raleigh and its region as the U.S. epicenter for data science. Data4Decisions 2017 will be held at the Raleigh Convention Center on March 28-30, 2017.
The conference is aimed at decision makers, primarily C-Suite and other executives, including IT professionals. The conference is open to all industries and will host a broad range of companies, from small to enterprise. The ideal attendee is thirsty for detailed resources, best practices guides, white papers and case studies and is extremely results driven. The inaugural conference in March 2015 included nearly 1,000 attendees from 22 states. More than half of the attendees are in managerial positions within their companies; 26 percent are in technical positions.
D4D is seeking compelling presentation proposals and keynote speaker suggestions to ensure a comprehensive slate of program offerings. Presentations should address an array of trends and topics to reflect the diverse needs and interests of companies engaged in and trying to get a better sense of using data analytics to drive better business decisions. There will be a mix of both technical and non-technical sessions.
D4D’s conference tracks are designed to address business leaders’ most pressing challenges, encouraging cross-industry collaboration and sharing of best practices and strategies. The tracks bring together C-level decision makers, pioneering data professionals, government leaders and other industry experts to present interactive panel discussions and case studies citing specific examples from the industries that are leading the Big Data movement.
Conference Track Topics:
- Make better decisions
- Gain customer insights
- Improve operations
- Detect threats & manage risks
- Increase profitability
- Get the big picture
- Acquire the best talent
- Use data in real time
- Select the right technology
- Create a data driven organization
The D4D Advisory Council will determine which submissions will be included in the March 2016 conference. D4D reserves the right to add, edit or make changes to the presentation title, description, mode of presentation, panel and moderator.
- Presentations that include case studies showing the use and value of data analytics in solving a business issue are strongly encouraged.
- Presentations that merely describe a specific company product or process are not recommended.
- Speakers may only speak or moderate in one presentation during the conference program. Speakers who are proposed for several presentations will be confirmed for only one session.
- For some topics, if D4D receives multiple presentation proposals, D4D reserves the right to combine presentation proposals on similar topics into one session.
- Individuals proposing presentations are responsible for confirming proposed speakers and moderators upon acceptance of the submission/proposal.
- D4D strives for speaker and moderator diversity; especially gender, racial, geographic and business type and size.
Suggested Modes of Presentation
- Panel (3 presentations of 10 minutes each with 15 minutes for questions)
- Town Hall (3-5 panelists for an open discussion, no presentations)
- Seminar (1-2 speakers providing an in-depth presentation)
D4D appreciates new and innovative presentation formats. If you would like to propose a presentation format different from the above, please describe. Include details such as stage set up, floor set up and anticipated AV needs.
Individuals or groups wanting to submit a presentation proposal should complete the form below.
You will be notified via e-mail regarding a decision on your proposal. All proposals will be kept on file for one year for consideration for future conferences.
In order to keep conference registration fees to a minimum, D4D is unable to pay speaker travel expenses. All speakers will receive complimentary conference registration.